FEBC International Archive

Welcome to the FEBC International historical document archive.
For information on how to use this archive and initial design criteria please visit the About page.

[ stop the slideshow ]

Karuhatan road

F00155PHL1950_KaruhatanRd.jpg Missionary schoolkidsThumbnailsMissionary kids, CRCMMissionary schoolkidsThumbnailsMissionary kids, CRCMMissionary schoolkidsThumbnailsMissionary kids, CRCMMissionary schoolkidsThumbnailsMissionary kids, CRCMMissionary schoolkidsThumbnailsMissionary kids, CRCMMissionary schoolkidsThumbnailsMissionary kids, CRCM

Missionary kids (Veidmark children) walk down the woodsy Karuhatan road along the walls of the "Christian Radio City Manila" (CRCM) compound as it appeared in about 1950. The road was also known informally as Pugad Baboy ("Pig Sty") Road. In later years the road was paved and named on official maps as General T. de Leon Road. The general area was renamed Valenzuela, a city of Metro Manila, and today is completely enveloped by Manila's urbanization.